Greetings Band Alumni!
Homecoming week is in full swing on campus at BGSU and our annual reunion is only days away! We sincerely hope to see you all this weekend as part of the Alumni FMB and/or the Alumni Concert Band. The schedules for each group can be found at the links below.
Alumni Falcon Marching Band
Alumni Concert Band
If you plan to participate as part of the Alumni FMB and have not yet registered, you may still register on-site at check-in (begins at 8:30am in Kobacker Lobby). Also, if you are in need of an alumni band jacket, please contact Preston (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP as supplies are limited. Alumni FMB registration is $12, jackets are $50 – checks payable to BGSU Foundation, Inc.
Those participating in Alumni Concert Band should have received music as well as instructions regarding attire. If you did not or have additional questions, please contact Sandy in the Band Office (email@example.com).
ALUMNI FMB PARTICIPANTS: For those playing larger instruments, PLEASE verify with the Band Office (419-372-2186 or firstname.lastname@example.org) that an instrument will be available for you PRIOR to your arrival at check-in on Saturday.
Get excited! It’s going to be a great weekend!
With Homecoming 2014 right around the corner, the BGSU Band Alumni Society invites ALL band alumni to return to campus to participate in Alumni Marching Band on Saturday, October 4th as well as in an Alumni CONCERT Band on Sunday, October 5th. As a reminder, the deadline to register is September 19 (this Friday).
THE MOUTHPIECE (newsletter): http://bgsualumni.com/band/BandHomecomingNews_2014_2.pdf
REGISTER HERE: http://bgsualumni.com/band
If you have questions, please direct them to Preston Ramsey at email@example.com.
We hope to see you at Homecoming!
Greetings Band Alumni!
Just a few updates as Spring is just around the corner:
- As a reminder, ALL members who plan to march at 2014 Homecoming will be required to have the new alumni band jacket. There will be two more opportunities to place an order – one later this spring and the other in the lead-up to Homecoming.
- There are initial discussions taking place for a potential Alumni Concert Band reunion in 2014-15. As the details begin to take shape, we’ll pass the information along via this blog as well as in upcoming editions of The Mouthpiece newsletter.
Additional updates will come after the next Band Alumni Board meeting later this spring. Until then, we hope you’ll mark your calendars and plan to join us on October 4th!
BGSU Homecoming is upon us and tomorrow brings the annual reunion of the BGSU Band Alumni Society, more commonly referred to as “Alumni Band”. As of the registration deadline two weeks ago, there were 105 alumni registered. This is awesome!
For those of you who are making the trip to Bowling Green tomorrow (or who might already be there), here are a few last minute reminders to keep in mind:
- Don’t forget your orange jacket! This year, it doesn’t matter which one you wear (old OR new), just make sure you have one. If for some reason you do not, wear lots of orange!
- Uniform is your orange jacket and jeans (or khakis). Also, wear as much orange and brown as you’d like.
- Registration / Check-In begins at 8:30am in the Kobacker Lobby of the College of Musical Arts. Indoor rehearsal will begin at 9:30am. We will move outside to rehearse with the Falcon Marching Band at 10:30am.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Preston Ramsey – Band Alumni Society president – at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get excited and ROLL ALONG!
Get excited! The 2013 Homecoming edition of The Mouthpiece newsletter is here!
Alumni band members should have received an email with a link within the last week or so. If you did not, shoot your information to Sandy Stoots in the Band Office to make sure you are included on all future emails.
Click the image to download the newsletter
- For the first time, you can register for alumni band ONLINE! Click HERE to register.
- If you are ordering a NEW alumni band jacket and are planning to join us for Homecoming 2013, your registration needs to be in by tomorrow! All first time marching alumni should be ordering a new jacket this year. Need help figuring out your jacket size? Click here to view the Adidas sizing guide. Keep in mind, the jackets we are ordering are based on men’s sizes.
- If you are NOT ordering a new jacket, but are still coming back for Homecoming, you have until Friday, September 20 to register.
If you have any questions pertaining to alumni band or Homecoming, please contact:
SEE YOU ALL AT HOMECOMING! ROLL ALONG!
Get excited! The Homecoming edition of The Mouthpiece newsletter, including the registration form, is here! You should have received an email with a link on Thursday, September 6. If you did not, send a message to email@example.com and we will make sure you are included on all future emails.
Click on the image below to access the newsletter:
Schedule of Events — September 29, 2012
(subject to change)
8:30 am — Registration (Kobacker Lobby)
9:30 am — Indoor Rehearsal (Choral Room)
10:30 am — Outdoor Rehearsal with FMB (Practice Fields)
11:00 am – Lunch Break
1:00 pm – Brass & Woodwinds Warm-Up at Stroh Center, Drumline Public Warm-Up on Alumni Drive Walkway
1:15 pm – Falcon Walk – Drumline and Pep Band
1:30 – 2:15 pm – Stroh Show
2:30 pm – March to The Doyt
3:10 pm – Pregame – FMB and Alumni Band
3:30 pm – Kick-Off – BEAT THE RAMS!